The SQL Performance Tuning course begins with a discussion about performance tuning and the ramifications of SQL internals and query patterns on performance. The second part of the class then covers key performance issues of everyday things in SQL, so developers understand the ramifications of all sorts of interesting SQL constructs and can avoid performance pitfalls. The main part of the class is spent learning to analyze performance for real world applications.
• The five layers of performance
• SQL Server engine internals
• SQL Server query processing architecture
• How to time small operations
• Comparing and contrasting everyday SQL constructs
• Resource usage Tools
• 3rd party tools
1-Day Course with labs/hands-on exercises
On-site and virtual
Attendees should experience working with T-SQL, SQL Server and Visual Studio.