Microsoft has introduced the next version of ASP.NET: ASP.NET Core 2. A new version of MVC; ASP.NET Core 2 MVC allows developers to build modern and future-proof, server-side web applications. ASP.NET Core 2 MVC provides a powerful cross-platform web development framework that can be used to build light-weight web applications and RESTful services that can run on Windows, Mac and Linux machines.
Using ASP.NET Core 2 MVC, based on .NET Core 2.0, you can now reuse much more code than ever before and even reuse code you’ve written in the regular .NET Framework.
With this release, the MVC and Web API frameworks have been unified. This version introduces the biggest change to the platform since its inception.
This 2-day in-depth course provides attendees with the knowledge and skills they need to leverage ASP.NET Core 2 MVC to its fullest.
Mastering ASP.NET Core 2 MVC gives students a solid understanding of ASP.NET Core 2 and ASP.NET Core 2 MVC. Attendees learn all the information on the new version of the frameworks and best practices to get started building web applications with ASP.NET Core 2 MVC.
Gill Cleeren is a Microsoft Regional Director, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), and Pluralsight author. Gill is a frequent speaker at many international conferences such as TechDays, TechEd, NDC, VSLive and more.
• Learn about the new .NET Core 2.0 and ASP.NET Core 2.0 frameworks
• Build a complete site with ASP.NET Core 2.0 MVC
• See how you can reuse existing .NET Framework code using Standard Library 2.0
• Learn about how configuration works in ASP.NET Core 2.0
• Understand Razor for building your view code
• Build your UI pages more easily using tag helpers and view components
• Learn about the new Pages framework with ASP.NET Core MVC 2.0
• See what you need to know about Entity Framework Core 2.0
• Learn the basics of ASP.NET Identity
This course is updated to support Visual Studio 2017 and .NET Core 2.0.
All attendees receive a copy of the slides, source code, real-time feedback, interactive expert instructor lecture, labs, and demos.