Building mobile apps has so far been known to be a time-consuming task. Companies willing to build a mobile app need to target different platforms, Android, iOS and Windows. Therefore, they need to write the same application multiple times. Using Xamarin, it becomes possible to do this in a much more effective way. C# is the best language for mobile app development. Anything you can do in Objective-C, Swift or Java, you can do in C#.
Using the same language, C#, and the same framework, .NET, developers can now create apps that run on iOS and Android. Developers who have been developing using the .NET stack now get the ability to extend their reach onto other platforms, while still being able to use tools like Visual Studio.
In this 2 -day workshop, you’ll learn about the Xamarin environment. You’ll also learn about cross-platform development, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Forms. After this course, attendees will be able to write cross-platform mobile applications.
Gill Cleeren is a Microsoft Regional Director, Xamarin Most Valuable Professional (MVP), and Pluralsight author. Gill is also a frequent speaker at many international conferences such as TechDays, TechEd, NDC, VSLive and more.
• Understand the building blocks of the Xamarin platform
• See how you can build cross-platform applications by sharing more code than ever
• Understand how you can build a Xamarin.Android app
• Learn about activities, services and views in Android
• Learn the basics of iOS using Xamarin.iOS
• See how a UI is created using a storyboard
• Share more code using Xamarin Forms
• Build an app using Forms
All attendees receive a copy of the slides, source code, real-time feedback, interactive expert instructor lecture, labs, and demos.